The world of marketing is constantly evolving. It is always exciting, as one never knows when a new development or trend will shake the foundations of marketing as we know it. This uncertainty makes it important to remain updated on all of the new industry tactics, in order to ensure that your business continues to thrive and grow.
Marketing statistics help your business stay up to date with the latest technology and innovations sweeping the globe. While we all have opinions on the next big trend, data does not lie!
It is undeniable that video maintains a crucial role in marketing, but it is helpful to break down exactly why this is the case. Video can help improve your business in many ways, whether it be through email marketing, social media, SEO’s, content marketing, etc. Video is also a fantastic way to personalize and humanize your business to customers. It adds liveliness and individuality to your website or your inbox!
Below are some statistics that demonstrate video’s impact on marketing.
Video Marketing Statistics
Video is quickly gaining prominence in the marketing world, and it does not appear to be slowing down. Here are a few general statistics on the power of utilizing video as a marketing tool.
- 83% of marketers claimed that they would increasingly rely on video as a strategy, if it weren’t for barriers such as budget, time, and resources. (Buffer)
- Of the video types generated by marketers, brand storytelling and promotional videos are the most common. (HubSpot)
- Video has been said to directly increase sales by 80% of video marketers. (Wyzowl)
- Video has been attributed to aiding in generating leads by 83% of video marketers. (Wyzowl)
- Positive ROI was reportedly a result of utilizing video with 88% of video marketers. (Wyzowl)
- Video testimonials are the highest converting marketing tool. (uscreen).
Email Marketing Statistics
Nearly everyone uses email, so email is a direct way to reach customers. However, since email marketing is so prevalent , it takes a little more to stand out. Video emails are shown to increase email engagement and click-through rates.
- Despite similar open rates, when compared to an email with text and image, an email containing video has a 42% higher click-through-rate. (Sendspark)
- The average click-through-rate for nonprofit email marketing is 2.79%, according to the American Marketing Association. (Sendspark)
- An email containing video has a 90% open rate and 83.3% click-through-rate, which is a 12.6% increase in engagement, compared to a text-based email. (Sendspark)
- Video emails can double email open rates from 40% to 80%. (Sendspark)
- Video personalization can lead to a 500% increase in email engagement for businesses. (Vidyard)
- 293.6 billion emails were received and sent each day in 2019. (Statista 2020)
- Emails that contain subject lines with personalization produce 50% higher open rates. (Yes Lifecycle Marketing, 2019)
- Using videos embedded in email, marketers can outperform the industry average by 640%. (Sendspark)
- Through using video email marketing, businesses can see a 190% increase in revenue. (Sendspark)
Social Media Marketing Statistics
Billions of people around the world use social media. With the addition of video on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, along with the creation of video-only platforms like TikTok, social media has become reliant on video. These statistics display the relevance of video on social media.
- As of 2019, of all the social media apps, TikTok has the greatest rate of engagement. (Influencer Marketing Hub)
- On YouTube, more than 1 billion hours of video is viewed by users every day. (YouTube)
- 45% of people who use Twitter want celebrities to post more videos. (Twitter)
- Campaigns on LinkedIn with video have view rates of 50%. (LinkedIn)
- On Facebook, promotions that include video are equivalently popular to promotions that include photo. (Socialbakers)
- After viewing a branded video on a social media platform, around 64% of consumers will buy something. (Tubular Insights)
- Around 60% of Instagram stories are viewed with sound, while 85% of videos on Facebook are viewed without sound. (Instagram)
- As a result of a social media video, around 93% of brands reportedly got a new customer. (Wyzowl)
- For boosting audience engagement, video is the second most commonly used form of content on social media. (Hubspot)
- Live video is in the top three most-used tactics in social media marketing. (Hubspot)
Video Engagement Statistics
Not only does video increase clicks and shares, it is also shown to be more engaging and effective than traditional text mediums. These statistics outline how viewer engagement influences video marketing.
- 59% of senior executives claim that if both options are available, they prefer watching a video on a topic over reading it in text. (Forbes)
- People only retain about 10% of a message when reading it in text, but retain about 95% of a message when viewing it in a video. (Insivia)
- Social video creates significantly more shares than images and text combined, at about 1200% more shares. (G2 Crowd)
- If a favored creator posted a video, around 50% of 18-34 years old viewers would drop everything to watch. (Google)
- Videos that garner the most engagement are less than two minutes in length. (Wistia)
- After 30 seconds, about 33% of people will stop watching a video. After 60 seconds, about 45% of viewers will stop watching a video. After two minutes, about 60% will no longer be watching a video. (Ad Age)
- Custom thumbnails are the common denominator in 90% of the best-performing videos on Youtube. (Youtube)
Website Marketing Statistics
Video is a strong addition that can increase website traffic by boosting SEO and drive more conversions with compelling content. These statistics indicate the power of video when embedded in a website.
- Including video in a website makes it 53 times more likely to make the front page of Google. (Insivia)
- You can improve your conversion rate up to 80% by adding a video to your landing page. (Unbounce)
- Video is now the most popular content marketing format, more commonly used than infographics and blogs. (HubSpot)
Get Started With Sendspark
It is evident through these statistics that video is becoming pervasive across all marketing channels. Still, it can be quite overwhelming to get started with video. Sendspark makes it easy to create or import videos and distribute them across email, social, and the web. Sign up now if you want to start recording and sharing videos for free.